Monday, February 3, 2014

DIY Valentine Tutorial

 

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd share a tutorial for these DIY valentines that you can give to your loved ones. Here's what you'll need: 


Cardstock in a variety of valentines-ey colors 
Heart punch, I got mine at a craft store 

Modge Podge craft glue

Small paintbrush
Tissue paper in both bright and light colors



I started out by cutting my paper in half width-wise, so that the folded card would be a quarter-size sheet of paper


Next I cut out several squares of tissue paper in different colors. There's no need to make the squares perfect because you're going to be overlapping the edges later. 


Using a different piece of cardstock, cut out hearts using your punch or scissors. I made a few different designs, including a large heart in the middle that turned out to be my favorite because you can see the most of the tissue paper design. 



Back to your original piece of cardstock, it's time to use the craft glue to stick your tissue paper to the front of the card. It's important to brush the glue both on top of and below the tissue paper to make it stick. Don't worry, it will dry clear. You can use one color of paper under each heart, or overlap them for a stained glass effect. 





Glue your second piece of cardstock on top of the tissue paper, write a sweet note inside, and you're all set! 

No comments:

Post a Comment